Home About Me Unit Studies Family Fun Travel Recipes Contact Me

Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Ocean Cure

Why do we love the sea? It is because it has some potent power to make us think things we like to think. These words by Robert Henri rang true for me yesterday. My patience with the boys was rock bottom and something drastic needed to happen to bring me out of the mood that had been decending upon me for days. We quickly completed school work, ate some lunch, and headed to the beach.

I didn't intend for us to stay for six and a half hours, but that's just what we did. The boys spent their time running, splashing, plastering each other with mud (which they call spa treatments), and just being children. I spent the hours relaxing, letting the tension escape from my body, breathing in the soothing ocean air, and reading a book. What better way to spend an afternoon?
























The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea. ~ Isak Dinesen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Trish H. Design's "Merry Go Round" kit.