Home About Me Unit Studies Family Fun Travel Recipes Contact Me

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Ten Ways to Recycle Paper Bags


Though I try to remember to bring my cloth bags to the grocery store, most of the time I forget. That means that I always have lots of extra paper bags at my house. Thankfully, there are so many great things you can do with them - such as make paper moccasins.

I got the idea for this activity from History Pockets: Explorers of North America while we were studying Lewis and Clark. I tried searching for some similar directions somewhere online and found this. It's not the way ours were made, but I'm sure it would get you something close.



We had to try them outside!


Some other ways to recycle paper bags:


Bark Paintings

• Make a fireplace for pretend play.

• Make a paper bag tree and use autumn colors for the leaves. Discuss why leaves change colors.

• Use bags to hold your recyclables. Unfortunately, our development does not take recyclables and we have to take them to a station ourselves. I just put out paper bags to hold all of our stuff, then just toss them in the bins at the station.

• Use as wrapping paper (I do this often). You can leave it blank or let the kids color it. I have also done stamp painting on the paper.

• Let the kids draw maps on them.

• Make brown paper bag recipe cards

Paper bag scrapbooks

• Instead of purchasing cloth bags, just bring your paper bags with you to the grocery store and reuse them.



Check out Life as Mom for other Frugal Friday ideas.

3 comments:

  1. Neat idea for the paper bags. I know that you had talked about them, but I have to say they do really have a leather moccasin look to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I'll definitely have to try the moccasins with my little one. (His favorite way to use paper bags is to turn them into masks.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you through Life as Mom and bookmarked this page for later! If you have any good bean recipes, you may want to check out my carnival October 1. Details here: http://www.kitchenstewardship.com/2009/09/18/announcing-october-fest-carnival-of-super-foods/
    In Him,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Trish H. Design's "Merry Go Round" kit.