Home About Me Unit Studies Family Fun Travel Recipes Contact Me

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Calzones

Have you ever stopped by $5 Dinners? Erin posts some wonderful recipes on her site and the best part is they're all inexpensive to make. She even has a new cookbook out. Tonight, I decided to try her Pepperoni Calzones. Well, a couple of them had pepperoni. The boys aren't fans so I also made some with ham, plain cheese, and soy crumbles with green peppers.



Per the recipe, I made the dough in the bread machine and then rolled it out by hand. I believe it was the first time I have ever tried that technique even though I have read about it many times. I used 2 1/4 teaspoons of my bulk yeast instead of the called for envelope. I am still working on my first bag of yeast, but I have given away two bags to family members. I think it is time to start making my own bread more often for sandwiches.

For more tasty recipes, check out Balancing Beauty and Bedlam.

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm...I just love seeing recipes like this, they remind me that there's so much more to life than takeout! I need to start making my own pizza/calzones - my husband would be so pleased!

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this. I've thought often of making calzones instead of pizza and this looks easy enough that I think I'll finally do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen Calzonne recipes and have thought of making them often...I think you've put me over the edge. :) I haven't made them in YEARS!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Trish H. Design's "Merry Go Round" kit.