Home About Me Unit Studies Family Fun Travel Recipes Contact Me

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Book Basket Thursday


I am going to try to consistently post what we are all reading every Thursday. The boys all read independently for an hour as part of their school day. This is not counting the book they all read aloud from as part of their curriculum or the books that I read aloud to them. They also read for half an hour before bed.

Before I list what we are all reading, I wanted to mention a blog I just discovered called Boys Read. It lists books that boys might be interested in.



Sullivan (10) is reading The Emerald Atlas by John Stephens. This one just came out and I am excited to read it as well. It is the first in the series.





Owen (8) is reading the first in the Secret series called The Name of This Book is Secret by Pseudonymous Bosch. Sully has read the first three and suggested to his brother that he might enjoy the series too. Owen loves it and is anxious to start the next one.






Connor (6) is reading his first chapter. He has been reading at a very high level for a couple of years now, but had no interest in chapter books until he spotted this one. He is reading The Genius Files: Mission Unstoppable by Dan Gutman. I'm hopeful that he'll continue to read chapter books now that he realizes how much fun they can be. 






I am currently reading Juliet by Anne Fortier. It is a new twist on Romeo and Juliet. The first 100 pages were quiet interesting, but I'm finding the story has slowed down a bit and I'm having a difficult time continuing. Hopefully it'll pick back up again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Trish H. Design's "Merry Go Round" kit.