Home About Me Unit Studies Family Fun Travel Recipes Contact Me

Monday, April 25, 2011

A Fresh Start


It is a bit odd to be back in the blog world after so many months away. I decided to take a break from social networking and deactivated my Facebook account. After a comment from a friend, I realized I could get back to writing in my blog as a way to keep my friends and family informed on the happenings of this adventurous, homeschooling mom.

There are many reasons for my decision to leave Facebook, but the biggest one is that I want to focus my time and energy on my family and our new home. We recently purchased our first house and the experience has been wonderful. I cannot express how ecstatic we are to finally have a home of our own.

I thought I would take this first blog entry of the new year to share a few pictures of the flowers blooming on our bushes. I feel a bit silly admitting the joy I feel watching each bud blossom, knowing that it is mine (okay - ours). I was thrilled to find out we had rose bushes! We have added some new mulch around the bushes and plan to put some sort of border around the area to make it stand out.



We love our neighborhood. It is very quiet and the boys and other neighborhood children can ride bikes in the street without cars rushing past. One of my favorite ways to spend our evenings is walking Baxter while one of the boys rides along. Tonight I had the pleasure of Connor joining me.




The most sacred place dwells within our heart, where dreams are born and secrets sleep, a mystical refuge of darkness and light, fear and conquest, adventure and discovery, challenge and transformation. Our heart speaks for our soul every moment while we are alive. Listen... as the whispering beat repeats: be...gin, be...gin, be...gin. It's really that simple. Just begin... again. 

 Royce Addington

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Trish H. Design's "Merry Go Round" kit.