Home About Me Unit Studies Family Fun Travel Recipes Contact Me

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Will Travel by Book Unit Studies

I treasure books.

I am passionate about travel.

I love the idea of combining the two into a great activity to share with kids and teach them geography. I decided to come up with a literature-based unit study that parents can use with their children. Australia was the first location to pop into my head since we spent three years living there. Thus, the idea for this particular project was born.

In the coming weeks and months, I plan to add more locations to this site. My goal is to cover all fifty states with a series titled Will Travel by Book Across the United States. According to a study done in 2006, 33% of Americans could not find Louisiana on a map and six out of ten people could not locate Iraq. How do we help our children become more aware of their surroundings and understand their impact on the world? Let's start by teaching them basic geography.

Will Travel by Book
Across...



MAINE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Trish H. Design's "Merry Go Round" kit.