Home About Me Unit Studies Family Fun Travel Recipes Contact Me

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sunday Dinner

One of my 101 goals, is to make a meal once a month entirely with new recipes. Today was the day for September. I began the morning by shopping at the commissary for all of the necessary ingredients. I wish I had my own herb garden to take from when my recipes call for fresh herbs (but, that is another of my goals for a later date). Oh well.

I got home and began preparing the herb infused oil that I needed to marinade my chicken for Tyler Florence's Lemon and Herb Roasted Chicken. The house was filled with an amazing aroma. Here's the chicken all set to go in the refrigerator for 5 hours:







Then it was time to brown it in the pan before heading to the oven to roast:





The finished product:





Everyone gave the chicken a big thumbs up. Next up on the list was Barefoot Contessa's Wild Rice Pilaf. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find pure wild rice so I went with a wild and long grain mixture.





We also had Barefoot Contessa's Parmesan Roasted Asparagus, which was awesome - boys didn't eat it of course:





And for dessert we had Rachael Ray's Apple Crisp w/ vanilla ice cream - and I added caramel sauce to make it extra special. Delicious!





Overall, I'd say the meal was a success. I enjoyed planning the meal and cooking it. The entire process was pretty simple - nothing too complicated. Stay tuned next month to see what new recipes I choose!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Trish H. Design's "Merry Go Round" kit.