Home About Me Unit Studies Family Fun Travel Recipes Contact Me

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Salsa

Yesterday, I planned to make a Mexican feast. The menu was quite ambitious. I ran to the grocery store first thing in the morning to avoid the crowds. Once I got home I attempted to recreate our favorite salsa at Chevy's. I had found a recipe online and it had great reviews. Well, let's just say it stunk. After that I spent a while wrapping presents and by the time I finished, I'd lost my energy and interest in the meal.

I did end up making a second salsa and it was great.



Here's the recipe:

4 medium to large tomatoes (I used vine ripe.)

1/4 cup finely chopped onion (I used spanish.)

1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 tablespoon white vinegar

1 teaspoon ground cumin (I used a little less

few dashes of salt

1 garlic clove, minced

1 sweet pepper finely chopped (I used yellow.)

juice of 1 lime

handful of cilantro chopped

Mix all together and let stand for about an hour in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Trish H. Design's "Merry Go Round" kit.