Home About Me Unit Studies Family Fun Travel Recipes Contact Me

Friday, May 1, 2009

No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

On Wednesday I wanted to make a snack for the boys to have when they got home from school. Being the day before payday, our cupboards were getting a bit bare. I had one egg left in the refrigerator, but I needed it for the corn muffins I was going to make for dinner.

I went to my trusty computer and did a search for "cookie recipe no eggs" and found a No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie. I had all of the ingredients on hand and went to work.

~ No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies ~

1 stick of butter or margarine

1/2 cup of milk

2 cups of sugar (I reduced this to 1 1/2 cups and still thought they were too sweet. Next time I'll try 1 cup.)

1/3 cup of cocoa powder

1/2 cup of peanut butter

3 1/2 cups of oatmeal

1 tsp vanilla extract

Put the butter, milk, sugar, and cocoa powder in a microwavable dish and heat in the microwave until it's melted. Give a good stir. Put back in the microwave and set it to run for about 2 - 3 minutes. All microwaves are different, but what you want is for the mixture to boil for at least one minute. So, keep a close eye on it and once it's boiled for the one minute, turn it off.

Add the peanut butter and vanilla to the melted mixture and blend. Put the oatmeal in a large bowl and pour the melted mixture over the oats. Stir until completely mixed.

Drop by tablespoons onto cookie sheets (made approx. 16 cookies for me). Place in freezer for one hour.

After the hour was up, I put them in a plastic container with a lid and kept them in the refrigerator. These cookies probably wouldn't travel well, unless kept cold. We thought they were really good!

1 comment:

  1. Ok I just found this but it is great, with Margaret having intolerances to egg and wheat, there is hardly a treat I can make that she can enjoy...I will so try these out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Trish H. Design's "Merry Go Round" kit.