Home About Me Unit Studies Family Fun Travel Recipes Contact Me

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies



I have been trying to cut back on the amount of calories and fat I take in on a daily basis. And I am always trying to find ways of sneaking healthy ingredients into my children. These White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies are a pretty good alternative to other cookie recipes. Leave out the chocolate chips and they're even better for you. But, where's the fun in that?

I apologize for the lack of a real photo of the cookies. They were gone before I got a chance to get my camera out. Thank you Microsoft clip art!

Ingredients:

•1 cup whole wheat flour

•1 cup Traditional or Old Fashioned Oats

•1/2 cup of Steel Cut Oats (you can omit these and just increase the traditional oats to 1 1/2 cups)

•1/2 tsp baking soda

•1/2 tsp baking powder

•1/2 tsp salt

•1 Tbsp Cinnamon

•1/2 tsp Nutmeg

•1/2 cup brown sugar (or honey if you prefer) - you can probably use even less if you're adding the chocolate chips as I found them to be very sweet

•1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce

•1/4 cup Egg Beaters

•1 tsp Vanilla

•1/2 cup white chocolate chips (or 1/2 cup raisins)


Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Mix all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl and the wet ingredients in a medium bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and blend. Stir in the chips (or raisins). Drop by tablespoon onto a cookie sheet (I don't normally spray my cookie sheets for cookies, but I did for these. My sheets are getting a bit old and I find the cookies sticking.) and bake for about 10 minutes. Cool on a cooling rack.

Check out Life as MOM for Ultimate Recipe Swap and more great recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Trish H. Design's "Merry Go Round" kit.