Home About Me Unit Studies Family Fun Travel Recipes Contact Me

Monday, April 12, 2010

Homemade Granola Bars


I promised a post with a homemade granola bar recipe and here it is. My first attempt created a crumbly mixture that, while delicious, ended up as plain old granola. Today I used a different recipe and we have success! I found the original recipe at All Recipes.com and then changed it up to suit my needs.


~ Homemade Granola Bars ~


Ingredients:

2 cups organic oats

1/4 cup turbinado sugar

1/2 cup ground flax seed

2 teaspoons cinnamon

1/2 cup slivered almonds (I just buy raw almonds and give them a quick grind in my food processor.)

1 cup organic whole wheat flour

3/4 teaspoon sea salt

1/2 cup organic raw honey

1 egg

1/4 cup natural, organic peanut butter

1/4 cup organic unsweetened applesauce


Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9 X 13 baking pan.

Mix the first seven ingredients together in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and add the honey, egg, peanut butter, and applesauce. Mix well using your hands. Spread the mixture into your baking dish and press firmly.

Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into bars while still warm.

2 comments:

  1. Those look absolutely delish! Will definitely want to bookmark and try this! I also wanted to let you know that I'm having a Tropical Traditions Organic Coconut Peanut Butter Giveaway and you're the first one I've notified b/c you're so special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy

    I stumbled across your blog and wanted to say hi.
    Take a minute an check my blog out
    I have lots of great giveaways going on.
    Thanks :)

    ethertonphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Trish H. Design's "Merry Go Round" kit.