Home About Me Unit Studies Family Fun Travel Recipes Contact Me

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Menu Planning - Week of April 4th


I mentioned in my previous post that we took a trip to the farmers market the other day. I intended to take a picture of our purchases, but I forgot. At the farm stand we bought new potatoes, sweet potatoes, romaine lettuce, fuji apples, and a zucchini. The lettuce goes into salads and is also eaten by Darwin. I made some muffins with the zucchini. Apples are eaten every day by the boys.

In anticipation of our farm share and to encourage our new way of eating, I plan to make more vegetarian meals and not focus on meat so much. If anyone has any good veggie dishes to share, I would be very appreciative!



Breakfast:

zucchini muffins, Mom's Best cereal (probably the last time I purchase cereal), homemade granola bars (recipe to follow later this week)



Lunch:

sandwiches on homemade honey wheat bread, leftovers, omelets, salads



Dinner:

Tuna burgers with roasted new potatoes

Homemade pizza

Beans and Rice

Chinese Pie made with sweet potato

Whole Wheat Spaghetti w/ Marinara Sauce and homemade bread


Snacks:

fruit, cheese sticks, popcorn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Trish H. Design's "Merry Go Round" kit.